TruCount CPA is an accounting firm based in Brookings SD with a mission to help agribusinesses and service-based business owners focus on their strengths by providing back office, accurate, timely financial information in a collaborative environment. We’re a well-respected, niche market company (with great benefits) and we’re looking for an amazing, part-time Firm Administrator to join our team of A Players. Learn more about what we do and who we serve on our website. And if you are a highly organized administrative professional with experience supporting an office, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a part-time role in our office (4-5 hours per day, M-R but M-F from January – April). For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Brookings, SD and be willing to work in our office at the SDSU Research Park. There is opportunity to work more during our busy season of Jan – April, but not required.
The mission of the Firm Administrator is to be the gatekeeper for the firm, staying five steps ahead of the firm, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for the accountants to make their greatest contribution to our business. This humble servant leader will be a key asset to the firm by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing the accountants to work deeply with clients so that we can meet our client, revenue and profitability goals. While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the firm’s needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the Firm Administrator is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the firm.
The Firm Administrator will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Project management ensuring work is completed timely
- Running errands as needed
- Calendar management and scheduling for the team
- Varying professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, and ordering gifts, etc.
- Customer service including the first impression clients interact with.
- Process firm billing and collections
- Scanning documents
- Marketing including monthly newsletter, website, and social media (FaceBook)
- Tracking tax returns through the office
- Keeping our database system up to date
- Manage and execute client and staff appreciate
- Manage software renewals, track hardware purchases and be our IT liaison
- Quality Communication: The FA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, teams messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our FA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
- Team Player: The FA will also work with all members of the firm. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a cando spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our Accountants to serve our company and clients at the top of their game, our FA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your team, clearing the path for them to make their greatest contribution.
- Affinity for Technology: Our firm administrator will be a technologically savvy PC user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Teams, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Education: 2-4 year degree preferred
- Experience: 2-5 years supporting an office
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Simple IRA
- Charity matching
- Community involvement
To Apply: Send Resume to Julie Underwood – firstname.lastname@example.org